March 24, 2022 — The newest addition to one of NKK Switches‘ most popular series, the KP04 is a surface mount option for those in need of a long-life illuminated pushbutton switch able to mount on a PCB with minimal drilling.
Features and Benefits:
- Surface mount technology facilitates diminished board and material handling expenses, in addition to minimized routing of traces and fewer drilled holes.
- Switch actuation is synchronized with contact timing, delivering color without delay and signaling safe, reliable, and intuitive operation.
- Compact design with height of 0.906” (23.0mm) from PC board to top of the cap.
- Twin contacts with gold plating assure high reliability and long life of 3,000,000 operations minimum.
- Remarkably precise coplanarity: all considered surfaces lying between two parallel planes are a maximum distance apart of 0.0039” (0.1mm).
- Caps: Flat, sculptured, or home key square caps in three common sizes for design flexibility in diverse applications.
- Colors: RGB LED dispenses a vibrant full color spectrum in unlimited color combinations. RGB with white option aids in reducing variations in color tones for white illumination, administering stable and consistent color.
- Actuation: Choice of nontactile or tactile/audible actuation.
- Legends: Custom legends available.
The new KP04 Illuminated Surface Mount Pushbutton is available for purchase from an NKK Authorized Distributor. For more information on NKK’s Value Added Products and Services, click HERE or contact our Engineering Team.
About NKK Switches
NKK Switches (NKK) is a global designer and manufacturer of innovative electromechanical switches and programmable devices, setting the standard for quality and reliability in human-machine interface solutions. NKK provides comprehensive full-service engineering support to include electronic system design, programming and value-added services by combining over 65 years of expertise and a true commitment to our partners’ success.